Sunday, January 19, 2014

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST | MADONNA APOLOGIZES FOR USING THE N-WORD



Los Angeles (CNN) -- Madonna apologizes to you if you were offended by her Instagram hashtag that used a form of the "N word."
"It was not meant as a racial slur," the Material Girl said in a statement sent to CNN by her representative Saturday.
Madonna set off a controversy when she posted a photo of her 13-year-old son Rocco Ritchie boxing.
"No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out!" she wrote in the Instagram posting, to which she added the hashtag "#disni--a."
A bit later, as the roar of disapproval began surging online, the singer replaced the caption with "Ok let me start this again. #get off of my d--k haters!"
Her full apology from rep Liz Rosenberg:
"I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur.. I am not a racist. There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."
CNN's Carolyn Sung contributed to this report. By Alan Duke, CNN

0 comments:

Post a Comment